Engineer for Search
An SEO Audit is the first step to giving a website a chance to receive visits from people likely to be interested in products and services.
Do You Need An SEO Audit?
Your website can benefit from an Audit if:
- You search for your business name or domain name in Google and can’t find your website
- The search results page for your website are strange or inaccurate
- The most profitable pages of your website aren’t ranking in search results
- Your ecommerce website doesn’t show pricing or review information in search results, in contrast
- to your competitors
- You have a new website and you’re not confident in the developer’s SEO approach
- You have an established website but don’t think you’re getting as much search traffic as you should
The list above is quite long, but not exhaustive – there are a large number of issues that can be tackled by a comprehensive SEO Audit.
What Sort Of Results Can You Expect?
Typically, changes made to a website following an Audit take effect within one month.
This can mean higher rankings, traffic and more enquiries.
The Audit is designed to put your website on a solid footing, giving it a platform to grow organic traffic from in the short and long-term.
Once Search Engines are aware of what your website is about, you can gain further visits from people looking for products and services – there’s nothing holding the website back.
What Does An SEO Audit Include?
We’ll look at a lot of things during the Audit, and craft changes to your website based on making it more effective in meeting a number of business goals.
We have a long checklist of items to work on, which fall under these headings:
- Technical Performance
- Content Optimisation
- Conversion Points
- Analytics & Data Gathering
If you’re interested in an SEO Audit, ask to see our Audit List for a full breakdown of work.
Who Makes Changes To The Website Following The Audit?
If you have a development team or designer you’re used to working with, we can provide our Audit in a suitable format. This is usually a report and spreadsheets with clear indications of code alterations.
If you’re happy for us to implement our recommendations, that’s fine – we’re used to working across a variety of website types, Content Management Systems and various coding languages.