Reviews of your business on Google are valuable, perhaps highly valuable depending on your business.
Getting people to review your products or services is straightforward, and following these steps can help.
How to get Google reviews:
- Provide a good service. You’d like reviews, but they’re only beneficial if they’re positive reviews. Following through on the promises you’ve made to customers is key.
- Use a ‘Review Outreach’ process. Not everyone will leave a review independently – having a process where you ask for a review (with print material, email marketing or another message) can really help, especially if it’s timed for a certain period after a customer has used your services or is enjoying their relationship with you.
- Add a ‘Review’ page to your website. From here you can link directly to places customers can review your business (e.g. directly to the Google My Business review URL), making it as simple as possible for them.
- Make a big deal of existing reviews. There’s a certain psychology to customer reviews, and seeing other customers talk positively about your business can inspire new customers to do the same.
- Thank customers for their review. What better way to inspire further word-of-mouth (and reviews are “digital word of mouth”) than by thanking a customer fir their kind words – again either by phone, email or messaging. It might just inspire them to tell someone else about your services.
How to create a direct link to Google reviews on your website:
- Make sure you have a Google My Business listing setup
- Use the Google Maps PlaceID Finder to get your business’s PlaceID
- Add your PlaceID to the end of this URL:
- Visit the link to make sure you land on the review page for your Google My Business listing
- Link to the review URL from your website, email marketing, text messaging or as part of your ‘Review Outreach’ process
- If you’d like to track clicks on this link, you can use a URL shortener that comes with reporting – https://goo.gl/ can do this for you.
Google My Business reviews can help a lot with your Local SEO, and of course consumer advocacy can be incredibly powerful in helping you sell your products and services.
Good luck with getting more Google My Business Reviews!